Monday, September 8, 2014

Week #6 - Last Letter from the Mexico MTC

Hey Everyone,

So this week has been absolutely amazing and full of spiritual experiences, as I have been finishing up my final days here at the CCM.  Friday we had a full day of classes and infield orientation to prepare us for the field.  They were really cool classes I learned a lot and the spirit was very strong.  I can’t believe that in just a day I will be in the field getting my first companion and teaching real investigators everyday.  In my mission we have a high baptism rate, so there is a lot of teaching going on, but sadly we have a very low retention rate so we will really be focused on true conversion and there will most likely be a lot of opportunities to teach less actives.  I can’t wait to meet my first companion. I am anxious to see if I get a latina companion or a North American companion. I can definitely see the benefits of both so it will be exciting and a little nerve racking to see, because I know a lot of the times they will put you with a latina as your trainer so you really have to learn the language fast that way. My Spanish is alright, but it is defiantly not great. And I am sure it is going to be very different there. I am a little nervous for that, but I am also excited to learn the language better and I know that I have help from the Lord.  As long as I am giving my all, He will make up for what I lack.  As long as I can invite the spirit into lessons, it really doesn’t matter if I can’t speak the language that well, because the spirit is the real teacher.

Saturday was also really good, because it was our last day of normal classes. We got some great advice from our teachers and said our goodbyes.  My morning teacher talked a lot about how we need to be exactly obedient and how in our missions we are going to have hard times, but those times our really important because it is through our struggling that we are able to grow closer to and better understand our Savior.  In my night class we were able to have a testimony meeting with my whole district. It was a very spiritual experience. We all shared our testimonies and sang,  “I Know that my Redeemer Lives’” in Spanish together.  It was cool to see and reflect on how far we have come here.  I have already changed and grown so much during my time her at the CCM and I know that I am going to even more so in the field. I cant wait.

Sunday was also way super spiritual and amazing.  First we had a testimony meeting, since it was fast Sunday.  It was so awesome to end with a testimony meeting, because we were able to share our testimonies again and hear the testimonies of everyone that we have grown so close to in our branch.  We had two great devotionals as well.  The first one about how we need to continually become converted and the second one was on repentance.  Then we watched three movies that night. They were short ones which were also really good.  The first one was about the first sister missionaries, which was really cool to learn about and see just how much sister missionaries are needed in this work  and can help the work in a different way then elders.  The second one was the Stone Cutter, which is also an amazing movie it was amazing to see that mans great faith.  The third movie was finding Finding Faith in Christ, which was a really cool way to end because it invited a great spirit and represents so much of what our message, that we are going to share, is.  After that it was our turn to watch our goodbye movie and we got to have a testimony meeting with all the missionaries leaving this week.  That was such a great experience because we had the opportunity to get up and share our testimonies for the third time that day.  The spirit was so strong in that room, probably the strongest spirit that I have every felt at the CCM, which is saying a lot because there is constantly an amazing spirit here.  It was such a great way to end our time here at the CCM and our testimonies where strengthened so much, because of how many times we got to share them.


Today I had to say goodbye to my whole district which was really sad, because I have grown so close to them and am going to miss them so much, but I cant wait to get to Chile and meet the people there. 

Love,
Hermana Stringham

No comments:

Post a Comment