Monday, August 10, 2015

Week #54 *August 10, 2015

Hey everyone,

This week has been a pretty good week.  Our area seems to be doing so great and we have had so much support from the members this week.  This week we had a meeting with all of the missionaries in there training. One thing that I really like was the our mission President spoke a lot about the spirit and how as missionaries if we have the spirit and if we are striving to follow the spirit we are going to be successful.  A lot of times we don’t see that success as sometimes the Lord needs us to just plant some seeds and help people to feel of the spirit, so later when they are ready the will be more receptive to receive the missionaries.  I really liked what he said and it made me think a lot about the importance of having the spirit always with us.  It is one way to know if we are truly on the right path, if we can feel the influence of the spirit in our lives.

This week we are continuing to work with Marjorie. She is progressing so well. She continues to say that she is just so happy and the more that we share with her the better she feels.  It really touched me this week because she told us that she can just see a light in our eyes when we talk and she wants to have that same light.  Her progress has been amazing and I am so grateful to be able to be a part of it. This week our branch is going to the temple and she is going to go with them to visit the temple grounds so that is going to be an amazing experience for her.

We haven’t been able to pass for the Familia Huerta this week, as there son had an operation, but Italo went to  church this Sunday, even though his wife said that they weren’t going to be able to go.  He went anyways and even got emotional at one point so we are really excited to go visit them this week and see how they are doing.

We were also able to find Paola and Maria Paz this week. They were sick so we weren’t able to teach them and they couldn’t go to church. But Maria Paz told us that she went to church in Santiago and absolutely loved it and she has been reading a ton in the Book of Mormon.  We have an appointment with them this Wednesday, so we are super excited for that as well.

This week we had a branch activity for Dia del Niño. It was a huge turnout and everyone seemed to have a great time, including our investigators that participated.  Marjorie even dressed up like a clown to help with the activities.  

Oh I had to give a surprise talk this Sunday, as none of the discourses showed up all the missionaries spoke. But I just had to wing it which was fun.  I think it went pretty alright. I basically just got up and started talking.  I am so grateful for the spirit and the guide that it gives us when we need it, because I couldn’t have given that talk without the spirit.

So this week was cambios but, me and my companion are going to be staying together which is so awesome.  I also have been called to be a coordinadora which I feel so unprepared for, but I am excited also as I saw with training. I know the Lord will qualify me and it is going to be a huge learning experience. 

Also we have been focusing a lot on getting the members to read in the Book of Mormon everyday.  It seems to be a challenge for many but one of the biggest things that I have seen during my mission is the power of The Book of Mormon.  As missionaries we can see a huge difference in the people that read everyday and those who are not.  We are so blessed to have this Book in our life as many do not and we need the blessings and power that comes from reading it everyday.  I invite you all,  if you aren’t already doing it to remember to read everyday this week.  Make time for it because it is so important!

Well that is basically it for this week.

Love ya,
Hermana Stringham


No comments:

Post a Comment