Thursday, May 7, 2015

Week #39 *April 27, 2015* 9 Months!!!!



9 Months!!!!

Hey everyone,

I cant believe that I have been out for 9 months.  The time has gone by so crazy fast.  Looking back these have been the craziest, hardest, best 9 months of my life.  I love being a missionary and all of the people that I have met here in Chile.  

We had a baptism that went very special as it was an 18 year old girl that has been waiting for over 2 years to be baptized.  She has had to other baptism dates one that fell through the day before as her parents were offended and didn’t give her permission.  It was a blessing to be able to finally see her baptized.  It was such a huge miracle as her whole family came to support and now are open to receiving the missionaries again where as before we couldn’t even go to her house.

I am finishing up on the Book of Mormon challenge today and I want to thank you so much for the challenge.  It has been hard making time to read the pages necessary every day, but it has been so worth it as I have been able to learn so many things that I have never noticed before and I now know that my libra do mormon in Spanish better as I have never read it all the way through in Spanish.

Members have been such a huge help this week especially one Hermana who has been passing for our investigators and less actives and visiting them during the week.  I am so grateful for the members here.  They really make a difference in the work.

I am so sorry my letter is short this week.  I will work hard to send more next week.  Everyone else is doing well.  I am excited toes what will happen this week and to work hard and find some new people to teach.
I love you all so much and am so very grateful for all your support for me.

Hermana Stringham

Another e-mail:

We also had a really good zone conference this week where they talked alot more about faith in inviting people to be baptized. We have been working really hard in that, and I have been studying a lot about faith. I know that with faith we can have a lot of miracles in this work but we have to have the faith that they can happen.

I cant believe I am going to have 9 months this week it has all gone by so fast.  Sometimes I feel like I really haven’t done much, but looking back I know that I have and that I have done what the Lord wants me to do. This week has been a little harder. our missionary leader basically gave us all a talk about why we aren’t good missionaries, but I know that the I am doing what I need to do, even if the numbers in the mission of baptisms aren’t as what they used to be. The retention has gone way up. We have been working on other aspects of the work that the Lord has asked, through our leaders, that we focus in our less actives and recent converts even more.  All in all I am just trying to work hard.  I love working with my companion we get a long so well.
I feel so blessed to have my health. I just feel so blessed.  I am working hard and trying to do my best and I know that is all the Lord asks of me.


Q & A
Family History/Geneology Work
Yes, the people have computers in their houses and there is documentation, but the majority of the people are starting at ground zero with their parents so it is really different. It is hard getting them started, because it is not like at home were you put a name in and it is already in the system and connected to a bunch of other names.

Weather:
it is getting real cold. I will be fine though I will buy what I need here. I just took out money to buy boots and I am going to buy them. It is just hard to find what I want, that fit good and are warm and cute. I should of just bought normal boots at home because there really isn’t a lot here and it is expensive, but it is okay. I might buy some sweaters as well, but I am going wait and see what I need when it gets a little colder, but don’t worry they have everything I need here.

Volcano:
 Yes, the volcano was big.  The members always tell us things and there are tvs in all the houses and so it is hard to miss what is going on even though we don’t watch tv.  There was ash even here. The cars were all covered in a gross layer the morning after.  I don’t know if you guys heard about all the flooding up north in Chile. It was pretty bad as they don’t normally get rain there and they lost basically everything and a lot of people died or went missing as the houses were filled with mud.  It’s crazy, there has been a lot going on in Chile they get a little bit of everything, but luckily we are in the middle and so we are okay.


No comments:

Post a Comment