Sunday, May 24, 2015

Week #42 *May 18, 2015

Cambios................I hate goodbyes!

Hey everyone,

Well, To my surprise I am going to be leaving Indepencia.  I will be going to San Fernando, which is close to Rancagua. I am so excited it is a branch and I am pretty sure it is an area with more like fields or whatever the word is which should be really different from bigger wards in the city.

I am so excited.  I am going to be with Hermana Prein.  I don’t know who she is, I just know that she is from the US and doesn’t have a whole lot of time in the mission. But I am really excited to get to know her.  

I am a little sad to be leaving Independencia I was really hoping to have a little more time here and to stay with Hermana Sousa for another cambio, but I feel really at peace with transfers and I am excited to work really hard in my new area and for the opportunity to get to know knew people.

This Sunday, Maria Olga went to church and brought her daughter she stayed for Sunday school and she introduced herself and talked about how she met the missionaries and at first didn’t want anything to do with us. But now has loved what she has learned about the church and wants to keep progressing.  She says she doesn’t want to be baptized yet because she knows it is a really important decision and she wants to make sure that she is really sure, because she doesn’t want to be baptized then go inactive like a lot of people do.  I am so excited for her.  Her little girl is so cute, Julieta.  She came over to me during sacrament and asked me when I was going to return so she could play with my hair.  I think that hardest part of the mission has honestly been saying goodbye to all of these people, who have had a huge impact in my life, knowing that I will probably never see them again.  I am so grateful for the gospel of my life and for the knowledge that this is not the end.  As a cute member reminded me yesterday that,  as members of the church goodbye really never is forever.  I hope to be able to reunite with all of the close friends I have made here in Chile and I know that it is all possible through the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Cristina also went to church yesterday. She is a less active who has had some many trial that have made it so very hard for her to be able to stay strong in the gospel. But she is working so hard and it was so good to be able to have her there and she brought a friend with her too, so that was really cool.  

Jordan, the son of Paula and Oscar, went to church alone as well.  It was such a testimony builder to see a 12 year old boy walk all the way to the church.(they live quite a ways a way from the church and it is really cold in the mornings)  While the rest of the family, who decided not to go, stayed in bed.  I know that he is going to make a great missionary someday and his example for his family is going to help them to someday be able to grow strong in the gospel.  I am going to miss that family so much.

This week we were also able to work with Cesar and Silvia.  I don’t know if I have mentioned them before.  They were a strong family in the gospel, sealed in the temple with big callings in the stake, but due to some mistakes that were made, fell away and didn’t want to have anything to do with the church.  It has been amazing helping them as I have seen the miracle of forgiveness especially with Silvia who has had to get over a lot of really big things.  They are now receiving the missionaries and striving to return to the church, but still don’t feel ready yet but have come really far.  The have the sweetest little boy Maximo who is always so excited when we come over.

Also this week was my companions birthday, so we were able to have a lunch together after district meeting with all the hermanas in the zone and surprise her.  It turned out really good and she had no idea.  I will have to send the pictures next week I forgot my camera cord.

I have met so many amazing people in this ward and had so many great experiences. I am going to miss them so much but I am so excited for all of the experience that I have to come in my next area.  I love being a missionary and all the little miracles we see everyday!

Love ya,
Hermana Stringham

Questions & Answers:

Being a missionary here is so different as there are 6 missionares for a ward. We are really involved with the members. We visit them during the week and are constantly working with them. It all seems really different.


Anyways I am so excited to get to know my next area.  Hermana Makin is there are she is the cordinator and so hopefully we will get to go on splits I am pretty sure she still was my all time favorite companion.  So I am stoked about that.

Words:
Cambios means changes, which is transfers. Sorry I get confused sometimes.  Independencia is the barrio I am in, in talca.  

Coordinator, I am not sure what it is there, but there are sister leaders who are over the Hermanas in their zone and that's what she is and so I will get to go on splits with her, hopefully.
I love you so much!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment