Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Week #43 *May 25, 2015

Hey everyone,

So I have just changed to a different area.  I am in a little branch In San Vicente, which is close to San Fernando Chile.  My new companion is Hermana Prein from Idaho. I am just loving working with her.  I am going to apologize ahead of time as I don’t have a whole lot of time to write and I have so much to share.

First of to start, with some sad news, I was just informed that my convert Javier isn’t going to church and the missionaries can’t find him.  That news came as such a shock to me and seriously broke my heart. PLEASE pray for him.  I am asking for permission to write him a letter of encouragement, that the missionaries can put under his door, but I feel kind of helpless as there is not much I can do.  He was doing so good. I am not sure what happened, but I just know he could use a lot of prayers.

Well as I said, I am in a new sector that is a little branch, which I am learning is a lot different and comes with its own set of problems,  But I absolutely love it here and I am just excited to get working hard.  We have a lot of people the hermanas were working with. I think I will share more about them new week, as I don’t know anyone too well yet and I don’t have a whole lot of time.

My new house is interesting, as we have cement floors and it has some issues. But we are looking for a new house to rent and the mission has said we can move but we have to find the house.   The house isn’t too bad though. It is cute and little and we have made it into our own little home, as there aren’t any other hermanas here.

Well with a new house, I also made some new friends and may or may have not gotten fleas, but I noticed it early so we have clean everything down really good and  the problem has seemed to go away as I don’t have any more red spots it is now just a matter of using a whole lot of itch cream to get them to stop itching and going away. But all in all it hasn’t been too bad, and just a funny experience to tell more than anything.  As for the cold water, our water heater is weird and isn’t working which is too bad as it is getting really cold here. But I have learned that showering with a hot bucket of water we heat up really isn’t that bad. haha!  Also we just recently realized that we have hot water at night and just not in the morning, so if we can find time at night we have hot water which has been a huge blessing, as it is really cold to take a cold shower here.  Honestly, I am just loving it here. It is way different from my other sector, but the people are way sweet and I am just so excited to work with them.  The other day we just found a herd of goats in the streets and after a whole bunch of chilean cowboys all dressed up prancing down the streets. You just don’t see those things back home.  I am loving it.  It has really just been a whole lot of fun.  This week we are going to have a ward movie night and watch Meet the Mormons and we were recently given permission to watch a few church movies in ward activities. It should go really good and I am so excited to see the turn out.

I don’t have a whole lot of time and I want to send pictures so I will tell you all about the other expériences and people we are teaching next week as I get to know them. Just know that I am loving it here and I am so excited to get working here.

Love ya,
Hermana Stringham

This & That:

There are 4 missionaries in the area:  Two Elders and Two Hermanas


The area is San Vincente and all the small towns surrounding it. There is a lot of farm land around the city.  It takes about 30 minutes to walk from one end of the town to the other.  It takes about an hour in a bus to get to all the small towns around the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment