Saturday, June 13, 2015

Weel #45 *June 8, 2015 Trials & Blessings

Hey everyone,

Well this week has been a little harder as we spent a whole lot of time outside and not a lot of people wanted to talk to us, but we are just trying to stay motivated and we have a lot of potential. We just have to keep working hard and this week is already starting to look up as we have a whole lot of appointments!

This week I got to go on divisions with Hermana Making!  I was so excited. We had so much fun and I loved being able to remember our time together in Recreo.  We were able to find out more about our old sector.  So the missionaries there aren’t even working with Javier.  Turns out his Mom tried to kill herself and he has had a lot of hard stuff going on.  It breaks my heart, but the Hermana’s working there said that he did say he wanted to return, but little by little, and he is not really receiving them right now.  The good thing is my mission president gave us permission to write him, so I am going to write a good card with Hermana Makin and send it with the missionaries to take to his apartment.  I just hope and pray that he can find his way back and work through these trials. Please pray for them.  Also Lorena, that I worked a lot with there had a baptism date, but she finally got her husband to go to church and he was offended by something the bishop says and she has asked the missionaries not to pass anymore.  She loved when we taught about eternal families and I think it just was really hard for her that her husband doesn’t want it too.  Please pray for her!!!

This week has been a little discouraging with that news and other people that haven’t wanted to receive us or aren’t progressing, but after praying and studying a lot, I know that I have done my part and there lives have been touched. It hurts to see them make those decisions, but I know that all I can do now is pray and trust in my knowledge that they are in the best hands.  I know that one day when they are ready, the Lord will send missionaries to them.  I know that they have felt these things and know that they are true. They just need to be reminded of how they felt when they were receiving the missionaries.

Yesterday a member shared something in her testimony that really touched me and helped me understand my purpose, even better, as a missionary.  She compared her conversion to and egg about to hatch. With an egg an outside force will die but if there is an inside force it will start new life.  She talked about how the gospel changed her life, but it required a real desire and effort on her part.  As missionaries we have to help these people to have that desire and do there part. But sometimes they are going to choose a different path, which has definitely been the hardest part to watch as a missionary. But the great thing is the beauty of watching the egg hatch.  Seeing that investigator or less active gain that desire and put in everything they have to begin this new life that the gospel brings.  That is the difference that I have seen in my mission.  Thinking back to Javier he had the desire so strongly and he made so many sacrifices to reach his goals.  He changed wards to go were he lived, even though his friends were in the other ward. And then he walked  to get to the church every Sunday, even though it really wasn’t very close by. He read his Book of Mormon and For Strength of Youth, without much effort on our part and he did it all alone with no support from his family.

This week we were able to teach Paula and Maria Paz they had a baptism date for the 27th, but it fell because they wont be able to go to church for then next two weeks, as they have construction workers that are going to be there for the next two Sundays, but I can see so much potential in them.  It reminds me of working with Javier, because they have the desire.  They have been reading all their commitments and always have good questions. They have already worked out plans so that they can change what day the construction workers. After the next two weeks, that they couldn’t change.  I am so excited to be a part of this experience with them and I know that they are going to be baptized one day and that this is what they really want.   

Well time is running shorter than I thought so I will have to share about some more people next week

Love ya,
Hermana Stringham  


No comments:

Post a Comment