Monday, June 29, 2015

Week #48 *June 29, 2015

Cambios!

Hey Everyone,

I feel like this week has just passed by so fast.  We got cambios (Transfers)  this past Saturday and to my surprise I am going to be training a new Hermana.  I am so scared out of my mind to train, but I know that cambios are inspired and the Lord qualifies those that he calls.  It will be interesting to see who my new companion is tomorrow and where she is from!

This week we have been contacting a lot and we haven’t had very many lessons, which has been hard. But we are working really hard and we have had some really good contacts, that seem interested that said we could pass by this week so we are excited to see how that goes.  

We did have a lesson with Poala and Maria Paz which was really good. They had to go to Santiago this week though, so they couldn’t go to church and they said they still need some time to pray and talk before they accept a baptismal date. Please pray for them.  They are really interested but they have a lot of obstacles in there way preventing them from getting to church.

This week we also got our water heater fixed. yay..........but now the water is too hot and the temperature won’t go down, so that has been quite the adventure, but I am really getting used to it. I just feel bad for my new companion getting to the mission without a working shower!

Yesterday we visited the familia Ruz Meyer. They are converts and we are working with their daughter Andrea. they had a whole once and cake waiting for us to celebrate my birthday. It was so cute and then we went to pass by for another Member named Romina, who is working on her mission papers ( they also gave me cake.  Gotta love the members. They take such good care of us.)  Romina has been really discouraged lately and hasn’t been to church, so we went over to visit her, as she is only home on the weekends.  She was baptized just a couple years ago and is the only member in her family and friends. She has such a strong testimony, but has been a little discouraged lately. She talked to us about how she had stopped praying and reading her scriptures, because she didn’t have time and how that made such a big change in her life. Prayer and scripture study are so important. They are truly what make our testimonies stronger and help us through the hard times.  I invite you that if you are not reading and praying EVERY day, to set a goal and start doing it this week. Because it is the first thing we stop doing, but one of the most important and also one of the easiest things we can do to strengthen our testimonies.  

I also got a email from Hermana Sousa last week. Paula and Oscar got married. (a couple we were working really hard with in Talca) I am so excited! It is so cool to see them finally reaching there goal, even if I can’t be there.

The mission is definitely really hard, but it is so worth it.  This week I have noticed the Lords hand really prevalant in my life.  It is so amazing the small blessing that he gives us, that as a missionary bring such a great joy.  Things as simple as a less active member showing up in a skirt to church, who before came in jeans, or the look made between a father and a daughter after his confirmation at the elders baptism this week.  It is truly so amazing to be able to be apart of the changes people make in there lives.  I love being a missionary so much and I wouldn’t trade this time for anything.

Well that is about it for this week.
  
Love you all,

Hermana Stringham

No comments:

Post a Comment