Monday, September 14, 2015

Week #59 *September 14, 2015

Hey everyone,

Wow this week has just gone by so fast.  San Vicente is just full of flags and all sorts of decorations including lights and a whole fair that they are setting up for this coming week. It’s  18 de Septiembre, Chiles Independence.  I am so excited as it seems that San Vicente is the place to be.  I am excited for all the empanadas, bbq and other amazing traditional foods.  I will have to send pics!  The only bummer is that as it is a huge holiday here, it seems that no one wants to receive us until the next week, but we are excited to work hard and enjoy 18 which we will be celebrating with our branch here.

So as for this week it started out with a whole lot of working. Looking for new people to teach with very little success, but my companion and I were able to keep going with a lot of excitement. After a lot of prayer and a lot of hard work we were able to find a a new family and a other new investigator to teach so we are so excited.  

With the new family with found the Contreras family. It was a very special experience as the lesson honestly just started out bad.  They had a two year old child that was being a little difficult and I could tell that they were having a had time focusing and not really listening, but we just kept trying to keep teaching and asking questions. But it just wasn’t going well, so at one point I just felt like we had to take a different route.  I wasn’t sure how, so I finally followed the prompting I felt and we basically just started over trying to get to know them and help them truly see how our message could bless their family and it worked. They started paying attention and they gained interest quickly.  I was able to truly see the importance of following the spirit, even when it doesn’t make sence.  We were truly about to reach their hearts and find what they needed. They began to speak a lot and the lesson turned out very well.  I am excited to see what more happens with them.

We were also able to find another investigator named Ximena, who is an old investigator from the hermanas before us.  She is so awesome and really opened up to us about all the hard things that are passing with her family and children, but she has such an amazing perspective on the life and faith that it will all work out.  We are so excited to start working with her.

I am so grateful that we were able to find these new people to teach as we had been working and praying so hard.  The Lord tested us all week but as we kept at it and didn’t loose our faith. It all paid of in the last minute.  A lot of the most amazing miracles happen in the last minute we just have to continue with faith in the Lord that our prayers will be answered and that He knows better than we do!

I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be a missionary and be here in San Vicente. I love this branch so much!

Thank you for all you do.  I will have a whole bunch of stories and pictures from 18 next week!

Love ya,
Hermana Stringham

No comments:

Post a Comment