Monday, September 28, 2015

Week #61 *September 28, 2015

Hey everyone,

Well so this week we had transfers and now I am in my new sector in Curicò, with my new companion Hermana Rodriguez and so far I am loving it here.  But at the same time I absolutely miss San Vicente.  It is very different here, as the ward is huge especially in comparison with San Vicente.  So far everyone has received me so well and they are just so loving here and I just love it.  Also our apartment is a huge step up from our last house, other than from being on the 5th floor  (what an adventure with 2 huge suitcases and no elevator...hahah).  Our sector is also pretty big so it looks like we are going to get a lot of exercise in, as it takes a while to get there. Also we have 5 flights of stairs to get to our apartment each afternoon and night, but it has been fun. 

So this week I saw the biggest tender mercy with the sisters here.  My first day here I noticed that my companion was struggling to walk, as the only shoes she had were a really worn out pair of boots (we are in spring and it is hot some days) and I was really worried about it, but that night we received a call from the relief society sisters who had also noticed.  The invited us over to their house and presented my companion with several new pairs of shoes and a new outfit.  It warmed my heart to see the kind hearts of these beautiful sisters that made such a huge difference for my companion.  Seriously the members here are so sweet.  I am just loving it.

I am just getting to know everyone here, so I want to share about two of our investigators for now.  We have two investigators with baptism dates.  The first Loreto is so awesome. She is a 21 year old single mom who is studying in Santiago and lives here on the weekends.  She is so awesome.  She has a baptism date for the 24th of October and she is so excited.  She honestly is so great and I am so excited to work with her.  The second one is Alejandra.  She has a baptism date for 29th of November.  She has been receiving missionaries for years and attending the church for quite a while.  Her daughter was baptized not too long ago and her husband who was an inactive member was just reactivated.  Right before I came she made the decision that she finally wants to be baptized, but she wanted to choose the date so it would be close to her husbands birthday. When I asked her why she made the decision to be baptized she told me that it was because she wants to have an eternal family, which just touched my heart. They are seriously just the sweetest family ever. I just love them so much and I am so excited for them in Alejandras decision to be baptized.

Well that is pretty much it for this week I am just so excited to work in this sector and get to know the rest of the people next week.  

Love ya,
Hermana Stringham
This and That:

With cambios, I am working with different hermanas. There are just 2 in this zone whereas my last zone had 10, so that is different. 
Curico is way different the past ward is huge, but I am loving it here.  I so miss San Vicente though.

Marjorie wrote me the sweetest letter this week about how much she misses me and how she never wants to loose contact, which really touched my heart. I am going to miss her so much but I am excited to be here.


Funny story:  We have bikes now, but we aren’t using them.  So it has been a whole lot of walking.  Our area is huge, but my companion doesn’t know how to ride a bike.  She has tried and it just didn’t work so we’ll will be doing a lot of walking. This is her last transfer so were just going to walk and wait to use them next transfer

No comments:

Post a Comment