Monday, October 12, 2015

Week #63 *October 12, 2015

Hey Everyone,

Well I don’t have a lot of time this week, so I am going to apologize ahead of time.  This week has been pretty great we have just been working real hard to find some new people to teach.  This ward is seriously so awesome. they have just been so supportive and this week we have received so many references, that we are so excited to contact this week.

This week we had our pre interview with Loreto, for her baptism that is coming up in a few weeks it went so good.  She just has a huge glow in her eyes and is so happy.  Honestly in our lessons I feel like she teaches us.  She is attending institute in Santiago and learning so much.  She has such a strong desire to learn and is truly putting in a huge effort to learn as much as she can about the gospel.  She shared her testimony about the gospel with us and how she just feels so strongly that what we are teaching her is true.  Her testimony truly touched me.  It makes me wonder if we are as anxiously engaged in studying and learning more about the gospel as some new investigators are.  We are so blessed to have this gospel in our lives.  I have watched as new converts just dive in the gospel wanting to learn all that they have felt they have missed for a life time.  We have the gospel in our lives right now.  Do we fully appreciate the blessings of the scriptures and teachings of the gospel.  We as members are some of few in comparison with all of Gods children.  I invite you to cherish your personal study this week and ponder on just how blessed we are to have that in our lives.  Remember to take some time daily to study even if it is just 5 minutes it is sooo important.

Alejandra and the famila escarate are also doing pretty good they came to the other hermanas baptism on Sunday and just seem so happy.  There daughter Nicol, who is a convert we are working with, went to do visits with the hermans and they said that her testimony was awesome and she is just so happy to see her Mom finally wanting to be baptized as well.  I just love this family. They are truly so amazing and a living testimony that we should never give up on anyone as Alejandra has been investigating the church for years and finally has decided to be baptized.  Please pray for her as she has been struggling still with a few things.

This week I was able to do divisions with Hermana Porter. She only has a couple months in the mission. It was a lot of fun.  She is so great and reminds me a lot of myself when I started the mission.  Learning the language was sooooo hard and looking back I just feel so blessed and amazed at how far I have come. I have no idea at what point I went from not understanding anything, to understanding just about everything.  The gift of tongues is truly real because there is no way that I could have done this alone.

Well sorry but I got to go.  I love you all so much!

Love,
Hermana Stringham

No comments:

Post a Comment