Monday, October 26, 2015

Week #65 *October 26, 2015

Hey Everyone,

Wow this week has been just amazing. This past Saturday we had Loretos baptism and it was just such an amazing day.  We had some minor difficulties with last minute problems of people who wouldn’t be able to come and she called us so worried that she wouldn’t be able to be baptized, but we assured it would all be fine and it worked out great.  Right after she was baptized you could just see how happy she was.  We went to meet her as she came out of the fount she just had such a glow to her and wanted to hug everyone around her.  She asked if she could hug us and we of course agreed even though she was soaking wet and she just told us that she just felt so good.  Her 6 year old daughter Valentina came in and expressed her desire to be baptized, just like her mom in two more years when she turns 8.  It was so sweet to see the example that Loreto is making for her daughter and just how much this step will change not only her life but the  life of her daughter.

This week we also had stake conference which was so amazing.  Loreto was so excited as well and she took notes through the conference and talked after about just how amazing the talks were. It just amazes me how strong of a desire she has to learn more about the gospel.  Isn’t that what true conversion does to us, makes us want to learn more and progress more in the gospel.  I hope that each of us can also find that desire in our own lives.  One thing I really liked from the conference that I think a area seventy said (sorry I cant remember his name), but he talked about the importance after any kind of church conference to take a moment and think about what we learned, what we felt, and what we are going to change.  He said even more important than what the speaker is saying is how we feel.  The spirit teaches us exactly what we need.  I invite you all after your next church meeting to take a minute to write down something really little of what you learned, what you felt, and what you are going to do with what you learned.  It is a great way that we can take full advantage of the things we are learning in the church.

This week I also went on divisions with Hermana Bishop.  She is such an awesome missionary and we had a great time. They have bikes and so it was a lot of fun and so much more efficient.  I cannot wait to get our bikes that we should be getting in about a week or 2.  We had some great lessons one with a new investigator, who is really just looking for the gospel she has such a strong desire to change and I was just amazed by here and just how prepared she was to receive us.

This week I saw such a tender mercy that strengthened my testimony of the power of praying for others.  Loreto had always talked to me about one of her good friends who introduced her to the church and I had the amazing opportunity to meet him at the baptism. Little did I know that he was the son of a sweet sister from one of my old wards.  I had never met him before, but I always remember her talking about him and how he was inactive, but that she would always pray for him specifically that he would find a good girl that would bring him back to the gospel.  My heart is so full of joy for this sister as Saturday I saw her prayer come true.  As he is now returning to the church and I feel that a big part of that is thanks to his friend Loreto, who he had introduced the church too. It was so awesome. It is such a small world.  I would have never thought that her son was the same friend that Loreto was always talking about.

Alejandra and her family are still doing really good.  They come to every church event and are just so great.  Keep praying for Alejandra she is doing so much better but I think there are still a few little things in her way before her baptism.

Thank you for all you do,
Hermana Stringham


No comments:

Post a Comment