Monday, December 7, 2015

Week #71 *December 7, 2015

Hey Everyone,

This week has been just so awesome.  First off this week we had our Christmas devotional of the mission and it was awesome.  I had to give a talk about enjoying the spirit of Christmas as a missionary and honestly I was sooo nervous no matter how many times I have to speak in public I think I will always be nervous, but I think it turned out pretty great and it was a real blessing for me to remember last Christmas and the special spirit that comes around Christmas time.  I feel so blessed to be able to have one more Christmas in the mission, it is seriously so special to be able to be here during this time to be 100 percent dedicated to the Lords work and just enjoy this spirit and share it with others all days.  We got to play a bunch of sports together and it was just a nice day.

So we found a awesome new investigator this week. We were contacting on one side of the street and a blue house on the other side kept calling my attention, so we decided to go contact it and a 19 year old girl named Yaritza came out and immediately let us in.  We had an awesome lesson with her at first she told us that she wasn’t sure if she believed in God or no, but by the end of the lesson she was able to say that she did believe and we invited her to baptism and she accepted a baptismal date for 27th of December, immediately which was awesome.  I am so excited to keep working with her she has truly been prepared.

Also I don’t know if I told you about Sonia, but we are working with her and she is doing so good she says that she has just seen a huge difference in her life since we started teaching her.  She went to church with us yesterday and she just loved it she kept talking about how there was just a different spirit there and she wanted to meet all the members and introduce herself it was so awesome.  She is so sweet.  She lost her husband a several months ago and has been really struggling with that but the gospel has been helping we are just so excited to keep working with her this week.

We are also working with Yazna. I think I told you about her she is a young mom and she is so awesome. Her cousin is serving a mission in Florida.  We taught her this week and she was just so interested about the Restoration and she talked about how she has just felt so different since we started teaching her. The only hard this is that she lives with her boyfriend and they have plans to get married but they are like way out, so please pray for her to be able to receive her answers this week.

Alejandra was confirmed this Sunday and her whole family is doing so good.  The familia Escarate.  They are all just so happy and working towards going to the temple to be sealed in a year. I am just so happy for them.

Well that is about all I have time for this week but I love you all so much thank you for your prayers and support.


Love ya,
Hermana Stringham

No comments:

Post a Comment