Monday, November 2, 2015

Week #66 *November 2, 2015

Hey everyone,

So this week has flown by so fast.  It was my companions last week, so it has been so crazy.  It was Loretos confirmation this week, since last week was stake conference she had to wait a week.  We  called her in the morning  and she was fine but then she didn’t show up and when the meeting was coming to an end we were really starting to panic. When we went out to call her again we found out that her phone was an hour off so she though it was really 10 when it was 11, but in the end they were able to confirm her anyways and she was so excited and it all turned out great.  She wants to get her temple recommend as fast as she can and she should be able to get it next Sunday. So we are so excited for her and for her excitement to keep progressing in the gospel.

This week we had another lesson with the familia Garabito.  The ones whose daughter is serving in Mexico.  The father came in late to the lesson as he was painting the house but it was so cute as his eyes began to well up and he talked about how he had been missing his daughter so much that day and we remind him of her.  We taught about the restoration and shared the movie they were really interested and the mom was so happy as she told me at the end that it is a huge miracle that her husband will participate in the lessons with missionaries.  They still don’t want to go to the church but express desires to progress, which is awesome coming from a family that didn’t want anything before.  It is amazing the miracles the come from missionary service not only in this girls mission, but in her own family.  I know that her prayers are being answered and that the Lord is working a lot on the hearts of her family so when she returns they one day can go to the temple together and become an eternal family.

We also had a family night with the family Escarate. They arranged it all and invited a bunch of families.  Alejandra is progressing so well and it was so awesome to see them reach out to other members.

This week I got to go to leadership meeting, which is always so awesome and I leave with so much excitement to work and with many new things that I realize that I need to work on in myself.  This week they talked a lot about not just being good members but being valiant in our testimonies.  It made me think alot abut this past conference and how they talked  a lot about how as members in a ever changing world we have to be different.  More than ever we need to stand up for what is right.  


Oh and this week we have cambios.  I am so excited I am going to be staying here in Curico with Hermana Morales.  I don’t know if you remember her but I did divisions once with her.  She is about 30 years old and she is just so awesome.  I am so excited.  I know that we are going to work really hard and I am just excited to work hard and for all the miracles we are going to see.

Love ya,
Hermana Stringham

No comments:

Post a Comment