Monday, November 16, 2015

Week #68 *November 16, 2015

Hey Everyone,

This week has been pretty good.  I honeslty was a little sad to not be home with everyone with Grandmas funeral this past week but it has been so amazing how the spirit has just been so powerful this week in comforting me and confirming that this is were I need to be right now.  My prayers go out to everyone back home

First I want to share some of the things from 2 weeks ago as last week I wasn’t able to get to writing a lot.  As I think I said two weeks ago was a really crazy week. I don’t remember what I already shared so sorry if I repeat myself I felt like there was just so much going on and a lot of stress.  I am not going to go into details but it is amazing how the Lord truly knows our limits better than we do as He has really pushed me lately. We had zone conference right on top of everything and I was given a big part to do and well it just happens that I got really sick right before and in the moment that I had to give my part I had completely lost my voice and I just was not feeling so good and so I had to completely change my part that I had worked so hard on becuase I just wasn’t going to be able to do it with out a voice. So I basically had the missionaries read the scriptures and quotes I was going to use and I they helped out a lot.  

Well when I finally thought I was done and we got back to the house I was about to call the mission nurse when the assistants called us to inform us that they were on there way and that they Hermana Wilhelm, the temporary mission Presidents wife, was going to come to work with us for the afternoon. Well I decided that I couldn’t tell her no as I mean she had come all the way from Rancagua, so we decided to leave anyways and again the Lord blessed me and made me realize that I could do more than I though I could.  We had an awesome time with Hermana Wilhelm and she taught us so much.  She is such a sweetheart and right after she took us straight to the pharmacy to buy me something I could take and sent us to the house to rest.  She called a bunch of times that week as well to ask me if I was taking the medicine she bought and see how I was doing.  She was so sweet.  Also from that awesome experience we had an amazing contact with the Hermana Wilhelm who has a baptism date.

Betty is our new investigator who accepted a baptism date for December 6 she is so awesome.  We gave her a Book of Mormon with our testimonies and she got so excited as she says no one ever does stuff like that for her.  She also thanked God in her prayer for sending us right in the moment when she was feeling lonely and needed us most.  She has a huge desire to learn more but she hasn’t gone to church yet, so please pray for her so we can get her to go with us this Sunday.

Alejanrda is also still doing amazing I just see her like a whole new women she is reading everyday and is just so excited for her baptism.  Her husband is going to baptize her.  It is so amazing to watch this family grow as the are working towards their goal to be sealed in the temple in one year.  Her husband Jorge was recently reactivated and her daughter Nicol was baptized about 4 months ago. It is such a joy working with them.

This week we also had an awesome lesson with one of our less actives Camlia.  She goes to church every week but she told us that she doesn’t have a testimony and so we have been working a lot with her but it has been really hard.  Well this week she was a completely different person she is starting to grow a testimony and even expressed her desire to go to the temple.  I was trying to figure out what had changed when she told me that she had started reading the Book of Mormon every night, as we have been trying to get her to do. The Book of Mormon is so powerful and really can change people.  It has made such a huge difference in Camlias life.

We had two awesome family nights last night.  One with Macarena, a less active and her husband Christian who isn’t a member.  We were able to talk about how the gospel blesses families and Macarena expressed her strong desire to return to the church and be able to one day be sealed in the temple with her family.  Christian was amazingly open to everything and agreed to go to church this Sunday.  We are so excited for them.

We are working with a lot of other less actives and also have had some amazing contacts.  I wish I could tell you about each and everyone, but time just doesn’t permit, but I am just loving being in Alameda here in Curico. The members are so awesome and we have just had an amazing past two weeks with my new companion Hermana Morales.  I just love this work so much and I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father who has allowed me to be a part of the amazing changes in the lives of these people.

I love you all so much!
Hermana Stringham

No comments:

Post a Comment