Thursday, February 12, 2015

Week #27 * February 2, 2015

Hey everyone,

This week I completed six months in the mission and looking back it has all just gone by so fast.  I absolutely love being a missionary and I love it more and more everyday.  It is definitely the best decision I have ever made.  At times it is really hard maybe the hardest thing I have ever done, but it is oh so rewarding and I am loving it.  I am so grateful for the opportunity the Lord has given me to come here to Chile and to teach his children here. I know that this church is true and that I am where I am supposed to be.  I am so grateful for all of you for supporting me in my decision to serve a mission and continuing to support me with your letters throughout my mission!  Thanks for all you do!

This week has just flown by so fast it has been crazy.

First we found a huge spider in our bathroom this week it was huge and crazy and scared all of us.  I am going to send a picture, but don’t worry it is dead now.

I am just loving working with Hermana Makin. We have been working really hard and it has been a lot of fun.

Okay so a few of the people we are teaching this week....

Javier-  He is doing amazingly well.  His testimony is continuing to grow.  This week he showed us that he is already in 2 nefi 28 in the Book of Mormon, without us even inviting him to read from the beginning yet.  We are so excited for him.  Please pray for him especially because his mom is supportive about his decision to be baptized but she doesn’t let us come as much as we like and we are worried that we might have to move the baptism date, because we still have a lot to teach him.

Lorena.  Okay we found out why she didn’t go to church and it is because her husband doesn’t want to.  We taught her about temples and she wants so badly to go there one day, but she really wants to do all of this as her family and her husband isn’t really open to listening to the missionaries right now please pray for him.

We got an opportunity to teach a member this week who hasn’t always been super friendly and open with us.  It ended up being a really spiritual experience and she opened up a lot with us.  It really strengthened my testimony of working with the members and helping to fortify them as we have been teaching the members a lot lately.  We just don’t know which of our fellow brothers are sisters are struggling. We need to be better at taking the time to get to know our neighbors and strengthen one another.

Well I am just about out of time so that is about it for this week, but all is going well.  I am loving being a missionary and I can’t wait to hear from you all next week!


Hermana Stringham
A spider in her house!
"We were all really freaked out and
 ended up calling the elders and they had to come over and kill it.
No some things still have not changed."


No comments:

Post a Comment