Friday, February 27, 2015

Week #30 * February 23, 2014

Hey everyone,

This week has been really great.  Last night we had cambios (transfers) and I found out that I am going to Talca tommorrow.  Talca is the farthest south of the mission and I am in the north part so I am excited to see a different part of the mission.  My new companion is Hermana Skwyers.  I have met here before and she is really nice she has just a month or so less than I do in the mission.  I was surprised to find out I was going to be with another gringa, but I am so excited, But sad to be leaving my first ward here.  Saying goodbye to everyone has been really sad and given me the opportunity to look back on my mission, as all of these members were with me when I first got here and didn’t understand a word of what was going on.  They helped me so much and have touched my life in ways that I will never be the same.  I am going to miss them so much, but I am excited for the new opportunities and new people I have to meet waiting ahead of me.  I know that Talca is where I need to be  at this time.  I am also going to miss my companion a lot. We have had a lot of fun working together, but I am excited to get to know a new companion.

Javier is doing really good this week he is going to go the temple to do baptisms for the dead and on Sunday is going to receive the priesthood and is also going to enroll in seminary when school starts in a couple of weeks.  The members have really taken him in I feel good that I know I am leaving him in good hands.  

 I am so grateful for the decision I made to go on a mission it has been the best decision I have made in my life.  I have learned so much.  I will admit it has been the hardest thing that I have ever done and the mission always has its ups and downs, but the rewards are oh so sweet.  I want you all to know that I know this Church is true.  I know that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me and he loves everyone of you.  He has a plan for each and everyone of us so we can return back to Him and live in His presence with our families for all of eternity.  I know that missionary work is a huge part of that plan and that ever single one of us have a responsibility to help in that work.  One thing that I have learned in my mission is that missionaries cannot do the work alone. We need to all be more anxiously engaged in missionary work and remember that we are all representatives of Jesus Christ, with or without a missionary plack.  I love you all so very much and I am so grateful for all the support you offer me.  Know that you are in my prayers!

Love ya,
Hermana Stringham


No comments:

Post a Comment